Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Txt BFFs 4evr

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart!" ~ Proverbs 3:5
Walker gazed into the open casket and brushed the hair away from her pale forehead.  He tried to memorize every contour of the beautiful face he wouldn’t forget.  He stared at her empty eyes, her closed mouth, her frozen heart.  Michaela couldn’t feel the love that surrounded her now; she could no longer speak or see the agony in his expression.
An unfamiliar man approached and touched him lightly on the back. “We’re so glad you came,” whispered Michaela’s father. “She talked about you all the time.  She even asked that her cell phone be buried with her so that you could still send her messages!”
He muttered “I can’t believe . . .” as sadness erased his remaining thought.
“Michaela passed away three days ago.  She suffered from heart disease since childhood,” her father said.  “We kept it a family secret - she loved being treated normally.”  Eyes now moist with grief, her father added, “She knew you’d come!”  And with that, he gently positioned her cell phone into Michaela’s palm and walked away.
Later as Walker sat alone in the chapel, he cried out to God: “Why her?  She didn’t deserve to die.  And dammit, I don’t deserve to suffer either!”
He got no answer – he really didn’t expect one from God.  He held his phone and typed, “u taught me how 2 care; u shwd me how 2 luv u.  but u forgot to teach me how 2 let u go! I <3 u!”
He sent the message knowing full well that she’d never respond.  But sending it cleansed his soul – it made him feel loved again.
Seconds later his phone beeped sending a cold shiver down his spine.  The sender’s number didn’t appear on the screen but tears rolled down Walker’s cheeks as he read the message.
“Let go of my hand, but dont ever let go of gods hand.  hell b holding my hand 2!”
A warm, pleasant glow replaced the spiny chill – the rush from a mountain of joyful memories remembered as if they happened yesterday.  Instantly he sensed God's grace to discover what he needed to move on.
Four of the most powerful words in the universe are “let go, let God.”  No matter what’s missing from your life – the love of someone special, an activity of great value, or a feeling of well-being - know that God is filling your need right now.
Take a deep breath.  Release it slowly; accepting the reality that God's wisdom is ever present, ready to fill you with new understanding, energy, and life.  Let Him fill every void, every emptiness that seems to separate you from the desires of your heart.  Let go! Let God!
I often forget to let go and give your control, Lord.  Help me realize that when You close one door, You open the one You want me to walk through.  I want to follow You.  I want what You desire for me.  Amen