Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sink Hole Soul

"Don't tell the Lord how big your problem is; tell the problem how great your Lord is!”
Aaron, a devoted Christian, lived in a small Alabama town.   His faith was undeniable – he went to church every Sunday, read his Bible daily, and never denied help to anyone needing it. 
The rains came earlier and heavier than expected this year.  Dams, dikes, and flood control channels filled quickly to capacity.  With more rain in the forecast, authorities called for the evacuation of Aaron’s town.
People started clearing the stores of food and water.  Aaron watched from his sidewalk as neighbors packed their cars, trucks, and RVs for higher ground.    Aaron remained steadfast in his belief that "God will take care of me!"
Torrential rain came as predicted; streets flooded as the water had nowhere to go.  Continuous storms had weakened the concrete where he stood.  Suddenly, the sidewalk collapsed and he fell into a sink hole that formed under his feet.  He was helplessly trapped!
Despite the fast rising water, Aaron calmly lifted his hands towards heaven and prayed, "Dear Lord, I’m in serious trouble here.   I trust You’ll get me out.  Everything happens for Your glory."
A friend saw his predicament.  "Give me your hand and I’ll pull you out!" he urged. "NO!”Aaron shouted, “God has things under control, He’ll rescue me in His time.”  The friend, fearing his own peril, decided not to argue and sprinted off.
Aaron prayed more anxiously now, “Use me, Lord, as an example; an instrument of faith!"
A stranger in a boat came rowing by. "Give me your hand, buddy, and I’ll pull you into my boat." Again Aaron declined.  "NO!  God will work His glory today."  Shaking his head in disbelief, the stranger paddled away.
Aaron prayed urgently now, the water nearing his jaw line.  "Father, I trust You and know you will get me out of this mess.  Everything in life happens for Your glory.  Help me please!"
A rescue helicopter hovered over head.   Hanging perilously from a rope ladder, a Rescue Team member yelled, "Give me your hand, Sir, and I’ll help you to safety."  
Predictably, Aaron replied, "NO!  God will save me Himself today."  The rescue crew chief, knowing there were many more lives yet to be saved, ordered the chopper to fly off.
Soon Aaron drowned. 
Angels took his soul before God’s almighty throne.  After exchanging pleasantries, a confused Aaron asked the obvious question:  "Why Lord?  I prayed for help, I never doubted You, yet you let me die.  Where did I fail?"
God shook His mighty head, "My child, I love you dearly and would never leave you no matter what trials or hardships you encountered.  BUT YOU FOOL!  Three times I sent someone to help you – and three times you foolishly refused!"
Trust Me and commit your lives to Me!  But always remain open-minded to the ways I choose to help you, which almost always requires some work on your part. ~ God